Pinterest Pin It

Sunday, March 2, 2014

Messy Braided Gibson-Tuck


The Gibson-Tuck is not the name I would have chosen for the up-do in the back, however it is it's name thus I shall not change it. It's a popular up-do a girl can find all over Pinterest, however I've never done this for my blog readers nor with the french braid, so I thought it would be a fun style to show.
I recently had my hair layered, and unfortunately that presented a challenge with certain up-dos. After I was almost ready to pull my hair out this morning the idea popped in my head of braiding it on top first, which would solve my dilemma of the shorter layers around my face from falling out. Sure enough, it solved my problem.

Instructions:
1. Using your bristle brush, brush your hair towards the side.
2. Start french braiding from one of the corners of your scalp (above eyebrow). How to french braid bangs
    *Don't make it tight, but instead keep it slightly loose.
    *Some of these braids need to be very clean and precise, this one doesn't. So try not to let a "part" show.

3. Behind your ear, pin your braid securely with an 'X' style and then place some sort of decorative devise over it.
4. Using a hair-tie, tie the top 3/4ths of your hair at the top of your neck.
5. Do a 'pull-through'. How to do a 'pull-through'
6. Now grab ALL of your hair and bring it up and tuck it in pinning it snugly in place.

7. You may take whatever other hair decorative devices and pin them in wherever you like and walk away with a big smile ready to take on the day.

To read some of my other hair posts click on any of these below:
Natural Dry-Shampoo
Unheated Curls
1 Year After 'No-Poo'
Double Twist
French Twist

No comments: