Pinterest Pin It

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Greasy? Smeasy!

Since I had been doing my 'no-poo' hair washing technique I now only wash my hair usually twice a week. However, when there is something special I want to do with it or the days of washing get a little scrambled sometimes I need to let it be greasy for a day so I can wait and wash it the next day...example: I washed my hair on Monday. Today is Friday. Usually I would have washed it yesterday but I want to wash it on Saturday (tomorrow) so I can do this curly thingy I want to show you all...that way I can wear this curly look to church on Sunday.
So, yesterday I was able to get by with it just being in a ponytail but waking up this morning it looked liked this...










It's so greasy it looks wet! Gross! So, I did my thing to make it presentable for the day...

You will need:
*small cup/bowl/lid/etc.
*eye-brow brush or like substance.
*corn starch
Dab your little brush into the cornstarch and start brushing it onto your part blending it into your greasiness. It should start soaking up the oil quickly. 
Please note: If you have dark hair then do not use corn starch alone. Since I have light hair (caramel color) then cornstarch works just fine for me. 

At first you may start freaking out by the look of the powder in your hair, but don't worry, if you simply keep blending it the powder will disappear. 
To make yourself feel better try small amounts at a time.
Next you'll want to take your regular bristle brush and brush forward, back, and upside down. 
Then take a pick and brush it back to it's normal lay.




- Looks much better doesn't it?






Notice there are still a few spots needing it? Clearing away the first major layer of oil let me see the other spots that needed it. Thus I was able to attack those specific spots you see there in the picture.

Using cornstarch is a much healthier and safer tool to use instead of dry shampoo or things with alcohol and other chemicals that end up hurting your hair. Plus the fact, it's inexpensive since it's a regular household item we all find and use in our kitchens.

Have a good day!

P.S. Last week I did this and poured the remaining amount of starch into my loose-facial-powder. Doing that not only pro-longed the life of my powder but it also helps keep away shine...thus me not having to put more powder on throughout the day to diminish the shine.



No comments: