Pinterest Pin It

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cardigan Make-Over.


I had this white cardigan that I got a couple years ago that just wasn't 'making the cut'. When it arrived in the mail and I pulled it out of it's box the first thing I thought was how much longer it looked than in the pic online (probably because models have to be AT LEAST 5' 7" while I am not even 5' 2"). So while yes I loved that it was white and had quarter sleeves the cardigan always looked kind of shabby on me. But finally after sifting through Pinterest the other day I saw a pin that gave me an idea. The pin itself was something that I would never wear, but it was an idea that I could use for something else that would look a lot more tasteful. So I went to work on my shabby cardigan and I am very happy with the results.
I can wear this casually over another tshirt or tank-top. OR I can even wear it over something with a collar such as my black sleeveless collared dress I have. Here is what I did.

1. Turned my cardigan over and cut half of the back off.


2. Put it on and played around with how I wanted it to lay when cris-crossed.
    *I didn't want it to be immodest and so I kept playing with it to find the right fit.
    *Clip that in place.



3. I then took it off and pinned the edges together.




4. Then I cut off the remaining fabric as you see above.

5. Sewed the pinned corners together.

6. Put it on, tucked the back up a little bit, and smiled.





What are some things you've found to change your cardigans into?

No comments: