Pinterest Pin It

Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Reverse Tiara...


I realize that 'Reverse Tiara' isn't exactly the perfect name for this, but my husband loved the name so much I did it just for him.
My hair is EXTREMELY thick. Normally when doing a twist around your head it's supposed to just be one solid twist. But my hair won't do that. So finally I decided to come up with something completely new, the 'Reverse Tiara', (with two twists each side) this my hair did and did very well...and the hubs loved it.

I had no idea that it was going to turn out so well, plus I was even in a hurry this morning, so I didn't take any  pictures of my process. So instead I took pics of taking it out which should help...you also then get to see what it looks like taken out which is really cool...(it got all kinky-wavy).

                                                                        Do This:

1. You will be making 4 twists all together. For the top two, make sure to leave the bottom half alone. To twist you grab two strands/chunks of hair and wrap one around the other. Then it's like french-braiding where you just keep adding chunk after chunk with each new wrap-around. So your twist is going to get thicker as time passes.


2. Take that twist and pin it to the back of the middle of your head letting the 'left-overs' dangle down.

3. Do it to the other side.

...Now for the bottom two twists...


5. Start the twist again.


6. With the bottom twists, you will want to use your thump and pull UP the next chunk that you add to your twist.

7. Now take that twist and cross it up and over towards the opposite twist and pin.

8. Do it again for your fourth twist.

9. And cross and pin.



Next you can just take a little flower or some sort of decorative hair device and slide it in on top.




Aren't those waves cool!?! That was an extra bonus that I wasn't expecting.
Happy up-doing!

P.S. I deeply invite comments!

No comments: