Pinterest Pin It

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Strawberry Shortcake

I only started baking about three years ago and ever since I started I wouldn't do anything that I didn't know anything about without someone with me who did...tonight my mom-in-law really wanted strawberry shortcake and the way she remembers making it with her momma. However, I had never made anything like that before but her trust in my abilities gave me enough motivation to attempt the recipe, and to my surprise it turned out awesome.
It feels so good hearing your mother-in-law's moans and groans over her pleasure from the food you made.

I modified a recipe I found for using Bisquick mix...this is my version.


Strawberry Shortcake:
*Have sliced strawberries with 1/4 cup sugar sprinkled on top set aside first so the sugar can really moisten the berries.
Ingredients for shortcake-
*2 & 1/3 Bisquick mix
*1/2 milk (I used evaporated milk with only about a tb extra of water-for moisture)
*4 tb sugar
*3 tb melted butter and 1 extra tb set aside

Instructions:
*Stir mix, milk, 4 tb sugar, and the 3 tb butter until the dough is soft.
*Put into an ungreased pan or dish.
*Drizzle on top the 1 extra tb of melted butter.
-if you want it all together then bake at 425 deg for 15ish minutes.
-if you want it separated into individual blobs then use a cookie sheet for that and blop it on old fashioned biscuit style and bake for 10-12 minutes.
*I put it all in one circular glass dish and it turned out perfect.

*Serve crumbled onto a plate with the berries and cream on top. I would presume that most of you would already have cool whip or something close to it to use but we don't have that where we are so we had to add sugar and vanilla to a can of 'cream' and mix it for a few minutes and that turned out just fine.

No comments: