Pinterest Pin It

Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Crafts to do with a wide age-range of kids...

Hubby and I just recently had a week of watching a group of ten missionary kids all ranging from 7 to 18 years old. For most days we had a craft hour in which they each crafted their own version of the project for the day. Somehow, we were able to come up with specific crafts to do that attracted the entire range of ages.
Here is what we came up with...

1. Cards.
We supplied them with an abundant amount of supplies we were able to find throughout the city so they could make their cards look however they desired.
Be sure to have a butt-load of glue because no matter what adult says "A little bit of glue goes a long way..." the child will NOT believe them.


This one is my favorite. The youngest in the group ( 7yrs) made this. It was so heavy but he was so happy with it.

This card one of the older girls made. She kept it very simple. I thought it was very pretty.

2. The next project we did was very time consuming for me because I had a lot of prep work before-hand for it. I took thick cardboard and cut out individual letters of the first letter in their first name. I supplied yarn and cloth from an old shirt to add to the rest of the craft supplies they could use. Here were their results...
With this one, he cut triangles from construction paper and modge-podged it.



I will admit...this kid's was my favorite. It looks so cool!

This girl wrapped white ribbon then wrapped pink sheer ribbon on top, as you can see, then she took the various supplies and decorated it to her own liking.

This was once a button up shirt that the girl took and used to hot glue onto her 'S'. She left some of the buttons on and used ribbon for it to hang from.

This girl simply wrapped white ribbon all around the 'K'. 

3. The last day we let the older kids work on a toilet paper roll wall decor while the little kids played with all the paper and things that were left.

They first formed it into a star. Then hot glued them together one by one. After it was finished we took it outside and spray-painted it silver. We gave it two coats making sure to cover the entire thing. I was so proud of their work. 



One other thing we did that I absolutely MUST show you is a laser obstacle course made out of yarn and packaging tape.

The sun hit this just right. It looks awesome! I did take a lot of pictures of the kids taking turns going through it but in order to keep them anonymous I declined to post those. But as you can see in this picture all I did was take the yard and zig-zag it all around the gazebo with the chairs and tables in there and used packaging tape to stick it in place...it worked great!

Happy crafting!

No comments: